Thursday, May 5, 2016

:: day one, getting started again... ::

journalling is helpful for me
 I don't usually have a problem getting started on new projects...I have lots of things unfinished - UFOs, yes indeed.
form drawing
 But...getting me into art again has been a very slow, painful, protracted process. I had made up so many reasons/excuses/beliefs about why I wouldn't start, yes indeed.
more form drawing
I've been reading lots about creativity and motivation, talking lots about how to get started, visiting shows and openings, talking to artists -heck I've even attracted artists for close friends and neighbours (!!) and everything I read or hear seems to say the same stuff to me - only I can do this, only I can choose it, only I can want it enough to make it happen. And if I practise it daily, or as near to as I can, then magic will happen...
Here's to magic and making a daily practise of creating seriously happen...

No comments:

Post a Comment